Monday, January 20, 2014

re-usable food wrap or homemade cling wrap

It's super important to me that our homestead reduces waste when ever possible and also reduces our exposure to chemicals.
Cling wrap is one of those things that I pondered this weekend. I can not get it off of the bowls to reuse it, it ends up a wrinkled mess. Even if I could, I can't imagine cleaning it enough to re-use. So I thought I'd take a peek out there and see if anyone had any ideas and I found more than I thought I would!

DIYNatural.com has a great idea using cloth and and iron.

NourishingJoy.com has some interesting things to consider when choosing your material.

TheArtOfDoingStuff.com includes ideas with buttons and alternatives to bees wax pellets.

We'll be trying this out soon.

Please let us know if you have done this yet and what your thoughts are!

No comments:

Post a Comment