Monday, December 2, 2013

Homemade Sugar Scrub


We are making homemade baskets for Christmas gifts this year. Sugar scrub is fairly easy to make, really works wonders on your skin, and looks ADORABLE in the bottles!


6 cups sugar
1 cup almond oil
21 drops essential oils
coloring if desired
containers

Place sugar in a big plastic or glass bowl. Slowly start mixing in the almond oil. Do it in quarter cups at the most to prevent clumping.
Next you add the essential oils of your choice and continue mixing. I used peppermint this time because it's going in Christmas baskets.
If you want color, add a few drops of food coloring here. Maybe 7-10 drops at the most. I divided mine into two batches for the multi layer affect, going for a candy cane look... again... Christmas : )
You can obviously use any containers that you want. Be mindful of moist sugar being in metal containers, I don't advise that. I chose really cute plastic bottles with cork tops. They feel like quality bottles and won't break in the bathroom. I got mine here.
I filled my bottles with multiple layers of the pink and the white. I made a funnel out of a paper plate since my regular funnel kept clogging and my canning funnel is too big for these bottles.
Keep layering, cork the bottle and you are done!

No comments:

Post a Comment