Wednesday, December 30, 2015

9 Cool Organizing Ideas Using a Tension Rod That You May Not Have Thought Of Yet



I have two things on the homestead that need addressing this week. One is I have a few tension rods unused in my closet. Second is my home which is getting pretty holiday-time messy. 
So it's time to organize and I found these great ideas to use tension rods. In fact, I am so inspired that I am ordering more tension rods. They have so many cool uses that I have come up with more along the way.




1. This one I am doing right away. JenThousandWords.com did a beautiful job organizing under her kitchen sink with a tension rod for her spray bottles. You can read more here.






2. This idea comes from KellyHicksDesign.com. She uses a tension rod at the bottom of a curtain in her bathroom to make a clean design. Her blog for more info on this idea is here.




3. What about using tension rods in your drawers? MontanaPrairieTales.com shows an ingenious way to organize plastic storage lids here. I will be using this idea with my canning lids and rings. Plus you can use a tension rod to hang your canning rings up under a cupboard or at the top of a pantry shelf. 





4. This article by OneGoodThingByJillee.com shows how much nicer wrapping gifts would have been this year if we'd done this last year. Let's make Christmas 2016 a bit more organized!





5. BHG.com shows a cute way to hide the clutter of things and cords under a table or desk by hanging curtains on tension rods between the legs of the table/desk.




6. A great way to use extra space in the closet is to run a tension rod from front to back along the side wall and hang extra jewelry, scarves or small clutches from it. This idea came from Pinterest. 



7. I am so doing this one right away, too. OneGoodThing.com shows how a tension rod along the back of a cupboard can elevate and organize spices! Sweet!




8. Tension rods used vertically in a cupboard help to keep cutting boards, lids, cookie sheets, baking pans and a host of other items both organized AND taking up less space as shown on BHG.com.





9. TheHouseOnMillsBrook.com shows us that you can make any drawer into a hanging file drawer with tension rods. I am doing this this weekend, too.

Please send us photos of any tension rod projects that you do and we will share them with our beloved readers. 

And while we are using things in a new way, here are some ideas of things to do with mouse pads and things to do with bath puffie scrubbies







No comments:

Post a Comment