Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Body Butter

Tonight I am making more Body Butter. We had included it Christmas gift baskets and it got wonderful reviews! I love this stuff. It is clean and full of moisture and has no chemicals so skin drinks it in.
Melt the shea butter and coconut oil together. The best method for this is to melt them in a double boiler or set a quart sized canning jar in a sauce pan and boil the water. Once the oils melts, remove from heat and let sit for 1/2 hour to cool.
After the half hour, add the almond oil and emu oil if you have it. The emu oil can be left out. This is also the time to add your essential oils. I chose cinnamon bark for this batch.
Put it all in your mixer bowl and put in freezer for 30 minutes. This jump starts the set.
Whip until the mixture feels buttery. I used my KitchenAid Mixer with Wire Whisk . While mixing, if it clumps too much or is just sticking to the wisk, you add infused olive oil one tablespoon at a time until it literally reaches the consistancy of butter. I chose white clover infused olive oil that I have going on my windowsill at all times. If you don't have infused oil, you can use regular olive oil or even more almond oil. Just be sure to add conservatively. You can see how it peaks off the wisk in the photo.
And that's it. You have body butter that is creamy and feels wonderful on your skin. You can store in glass jars and they make wonderful gifts. I store mine that I keep in empty coconut oil jars.
Creamy like butta on the mixer whisk.
Use any essentials oils that you like. These were my choice for today.
Homemade Body Butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment