Wednesday, November 18, 2015

3 Uses for Tea Tree Oil

I love Tea Tree oil. I strongly believe that it has been one of the biggest factors that has helped me through the "Back-To-School-Time-So-Everyone-In-The-Office-Is-Sick" window this year.



There is even a company that uses Tea Tree Oil as a major component of it's product to prevent mold and smells from accumulating in winter storage of things like boats.

We do have to be mindful of the realities of the product. One thing that irks me is that there is so much info on every thing online from Essential Oils to Asparagus and how everything cures acne, and cancer. If Tea Tree Oil and Asparagus cured cancer, we wouldn't be finding out by stumbling across an online story. It would be too big : )

This in no way detracts from the super cool benefits that Tea Tree Oil really brings! I love it for fighting germs, skin care and cleaning.

Tea tree oil is also known as Melaleuca oilIt comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia tree. It is antimicrobial, antibacterial, and a fungicide.

It is really only safe to use externally. I do use it for breathing in, but not in concentrated forms. I will leave a container of it open on my desk and let the scent fill the room, breathing it in that way. I also will take a quick sniff directly from the bottle if a sick person comes close to me. I believe in this greatly. Also, I am not a doctor : )

Here are 3 things that in my experience are real.

1. KeeperOfTheHome.org writes a great article on using it to treat skin ailments. I have personally used this oil for skin treatments and have been impressed.



2. SmithsInspirations.com writes about using it to keep bathrooms fresh. I totally agree with this use. It works well with the properties that Tea Tree Oil possesses. 



3. SheUncovered.com uses Tea Tree Oil in a facial toner. I use witchhazel rather than water. I like her idea, too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment